View Quick Time clip from the movie.
A More Perfect Union (motion picture) is the first comprehensive recreation of those stirring, heated debates during the sweltering summer of 1787. Filmed on location at Independence Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, and other historical sites, it dramatically chronicles how America became a nation and those underlying principles that guard our freedoms today. This is the most ambitious film ever made covering the happenings at the Constitutional Convention and is "...of exceptional merit".
A More Perfect Union, officially recognized by the Commission on the Bicentennial of the United States Constitution, helps to satisfy the requirements of the following federal law.
"each educational institution that receives Federal Funds for a fiscal year shall hold an educational program on the United States Constitution on September 17 of such year for the students served by the educational institution." See the whole law.
A More Perfect Union comes as part of a Teacher Resource Packet for schools. It includes:
- One DVD containing A More Perfect Union (motion picture) and five teaching segments (or lessons) for classroom use.
- A Teacher's Guide book, which provides background information and perspectives designed to help teachers with classroom discussions and other learning activities related to the production. Five lessons provide support for each of the five segments on the DVD.
- A copy of the U.S. Constitution. (pocket Constitution)
There has been an incredible response to our efforts to flood the nation with the story of the Constitution. The goal of the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS) is to place 250,000 copies of this DVD by September 1, 2005 into schools and homes across America. (80,000 copies already ordered)
You can help with this project by making sure that your family, your children's schools, and any organizations that you belong to have copies of this packet. Please phone for quantity discounts for schools and organizations.
Click here to order A More Perfect Union (movie only) $19.95.
Click here to order A More Perfect Union (Education Version) $39.95.
Downloadable Resources for this packet
Other resources for this packet include:
- A Historical Overview of the Constitution
- Citizenship Day and Constitution Week proclamation by President George W. Bush
- A sample proclamation to be completed
- A quiz to be taken after viewing A More Perfect Union
Click here for other fun activities and learning resources.